Our 1 liter Brass hooped Oak barrel is popular, unique and makes a bold statement.
One Liter Oak Barrels are perfect for a bottle of your favorite drink
- This fits a standard bottle of Whiskey, Rum or Tequila (750ml): and will fill up the barrel to just the right level you should be aging it at. No matter the size of the barrel it's always good practice to make sure the barrel is 75-95% full as this ensure the barrel stays thoroughly wet on the inside and keeps the wood and makes the 1L perfect for a bottle.
By getting a brass barrel though, you're getting more than a barrel, your getting an experience. Your getting something that is a signature of the contents inside it. It's not just some obscure liquor inside it, but something to be appreciated and enjoyed.
If you want to go with a slightly cheaper barrel, our Polished 1 Liter and Black 1 Liter are a good option. However, if you want something that is refined, dignified, beautiful and spot on for that perfect occasion.
In fact, many of those other barrel companies online don't make brass, copper or polished styles because they prefer the standard black hooped barrels that come frome from some fly-by-night woodshop and don't genuinely care about their customers, only making a buck.
For us, it's all about you, the customer. We make Brass and Copper oak barrels not because we make more -we make less on these than any other barrel because of the cost of the metal- we make them because it adds that extra special touch and makes it more than just a barrel, it makes it an experience.
If your looking for barrels online you've probably seen a few different websites and we welcome you to take a look as you deserve the best. Most of them do not carry brass oak barrels and can not say what we can about our barrels:
- 98% of the barrels we make, the wood is cut, dried, made by hand into the barrel pieces(staves and heads), prepared and shipped to customers within 30 days from the time the initial cut.
- If your barrel doesn't seal when we send it, we will replace it free of charge.
- Our barrels are made exclusively for us by 4th generation coopers(barrel makers) and the consistent quality across each one of thousands of barrels a month shows.
- An oak barrel better be made of entirely of oak wood with no replacement or filler woods. Others will use different woods for the end caps and stain to match the barrels or even use a oak veinier with a plastic bag inside which does nothing to age the contents. Our barrels, spigots and corks are 100% North American Oak with only the stand for the barrel being made out of pine.
- Finally the rivets on our stands are each made by hand and not mass produced in china. This may seem like a small detail, however we pay attention to the details and prefer to forgo a potential 25 cent profit per stand in order to support local craftsmen. Were a business and we make a profit but never at the expense of quality.
So why not order a barrel today? Not sure how you or the gift recipient will use it, check out our FAQ at the top of the site. Then come back to this page and order one of our signature 1 Liter Golden Oak Barrels with Brass hoops. You will love it, others will love it and it will make the experience that extras great, I guarantee it.
Co-Founder of Golden Oak Barrel
Our company was founded because we have always loved making our own spirits and liquors. We were never happy though with the quality of barrels available on the market, so we went on a quest to find the very best oak barrels available. After getting sample after sample from nearly every company in North America and rigorously testing them, we found a cooperage (barrel makers) that have standards just as high as ours.
From here we built our company. We believe in the quality of products and each barrel is backed by a 365 day guarantee against leaks. Our barrels ship with an air tight seal and will still be air and water tight after the initial soaking and curing stages; if not send us a message and we will replace it.
Oak is a special wood when it comes to making liquor because it is the only wood that does not rot due to liquid. A quality oak barrel like ours is 100% new oak and is meant to hold your liquor for up to 10 years or longer.
Our barrels are a sense of pride for us and they should be for you too. We have barrels in different sizes, 1, 2, 3, 5, 10, 20 liters & can have Black Steel, Polished Steel, Brass or Copper for the metal hoops.
Each barrel comes with an Oak spigot with an aluminum valve, cork bung and a premium stand. Each stand has intricate bevels in the wood and is varnished to enhance the appearance along with metal rivets on one side and blank on the other so you can choose what fits you best.
We also offer custom laser engraving on each barrel for an additional fee. This can be one of our many popular designs or one of your own. If you’re not up for getting a custom engraving that’s ok, every barrel ships with a set of vinyl stickers that you can put on your barrel to give it that unique look.
Finally, each order includes access to our 30 page brewing guide which will take you from a novice to an expert so you can make the perfect liquor, spirits, or ale.
We’re a small company that is proud of our product. Any questions let us know.
Oak Barrel Sizing Guide
- 1 Liter
- 2 Liter
- 3 Liter
- 5 Liter
- 10 Liter
- 20 Liter
|Height w/ Stand